Monday 8 April 2013

Reading response #5

Hate list
Jennifer Brown
Beginning-100
This is by far my favourite book I've read this year, it's pretty long which I really like, but not too much. I feel really bad for the main character, Valerie - Little bit of explaining why- her boyfriend shot down the school, basically aiming for people she and him had in this book where they wrote down names of people who bullied them, things they didn't like, or just family issues, things like that. Nick, her boyfriend, was obviously emotionally unstable and pushed to the edge, leading him to do that. And I'm not saying anyone on that list deserved to die, because no one does no matter what, but it was obviously just the only option for him. I think he wanted to be the tough one for once.
Valerie was definitely a big part in the whole scenario, but unlike Nick, that book was just a way for her to vent, I think. While for him it was a plan, maybe..? She saved the life of a girl who bullied her constantly, I think that should be proof enough that she didn't know what he was planning. I feel really bad that she's being blamed for what Nick did.

No comments:

Post a Comment